IMPACT OF MID-DAY MEAL PROGRAMME ON PRIMARY SCHOOL LEVEL: A CASE STUDY OF BOKARO DISTRICT IN JHARKHAND
Main Article Content
The main purpose of the present study was to study the mid-day meal and quality in primary education. The study was conducted on a sample of 15 Head master/Principal and 90 teachers of schools from Bokaro district. A standardized questionnaire made by the investigator was used to collect data. Primary and secondary data were used for the study. The study indicates that mid-day meal has a great impact on improving quality of primary education. It helps in enrollment of the students. MDMS also increased the attendance of the students
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
• Baskaran, J. (1995). The Impact of Mid - Day Meal Programme among Students of Primary Schools in Thiruvallur Taluka, Tamil Nadu. Indian Educational Abstracts, 2003,3(1), 15.
• Boriwal, Sunita and Mittal Kusam.(2019). Perception of beneficiaries of mid-day-meal programme and its impact on general health of girl students. International Journal of Home Science, 5(2),217-222.
• Gangadharan, V.A. (2006). Noon Meal Scheme in Kerala. An Empirical Study for the Director of Public Instruction. Retrieved from www.righttofoodindia.org/data/gandadharan2006 on dated 11th November,2019 .
• Garret, H.E. (2006). Statistics in Psychology and Education. Paragon International Publishers, New Delhi.
• Mathur, Beena et al. (2005). Situation Analysis of Mid Day Meal programme in Rajasthan. Retrieved from http:// www.righttofood india.org on dated 6th November,2019.
• Mishra , S N & Mnaranjan, Behera(2004). Child Nutrition and Primary Education: a comparative study of Mid Day Meal Programme in Orissa and Tamil Nadu. Retrieved from www.cababstracts_plus.org on dated 5th November,2019.
• Molla,Firojuddin Md. & Shiekh, Jumafuddin.(2015). Impact of Mid Day Meal Programme on Educational Level: A case study of Ballabhur village,Birbhum District and West Bengal. International Journal of Innovative research in Science,Engineering and Technology,4(4),2443-2450.
• National Council of Educational Research and Training (2000). State Policies on Incentive Schemes in Primary Schools and their contribution to Girls’ Participation. Journal of Indian Education, 33 (3),98.
• Ram, Keshav (2008). Effectiveness of National Programme of Nutritional Support to Primary Education (Mid Day Meal Scheme) in District Mandi of Himachal Pradesh. (Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation). Abhilashi P.G. College of Education, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
• Ravi, Padmalatha (2006). School meals make slow progress, India Together. Retrieved from http://indiatogether.com /2006/ dec/ edu-midday.htm on dated October 30,2019.
• Singh, Shailja and Gupta, Nisha.(2016).An Evaluation about the effectiveness of Mid Day Meal scheme to reduce malnutrition :A comparative study. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research, 6(7),300-304.